Questions To Ask Your Wedding DJ
Having a list of questions to ask your wedding DJ before hiring is critical to making your meeting a success. One of the most common topics I get asked in my private planning sessions is about what questions to ask at vendor meetings. The music sets the mood for the entire evening so move this to do item up closer to the top of your list – it’s an important one. Being a girl with a plan, I compiled a list of questions to ask your wedding DJ as you step into your meeting.
- Can I listen to some sample mixes or a live performance taping?
- How many hours are included in your package?
- How long will it take you to set up, perform a sound check, and break down?
- What sound equipment will you bring?
- Do you carry back up equipment in case anything breaks?
- What is your payment structure?
- How do you keep the crowd on the dance floor?
- What will you be wearing?
- What happens in the event you can’t make it?
- How do you handle song requests?
- What type of mics will you provide?
- Since you will be playing/performing to a mixed crowd, what kind of music do you have?
- How do you handle meal and bathroom breaks?
- Do you offer refunds if I need to cancel my event?
- Do you offer any other products or services such as HD screens, monogram projections, or uplighting?
- Will you also act as my emcee?
- Do you have any references I can contact?
- How much voltage will you require?
- Do you charge overtime fees?
One other thing to make sure you check is any restrictions your venue may have. For example, fog machines are very popular for the first dance, but often times they are not permitted by the venue due to fire codes. If you have any other questions, just send me a note and ask away!