Questions To Ask Your Wedding Caterer
Food is one of those things your guests will talk about for years to come. If it’s good, they’ll remember it. If it’s bad, they’ll surely remember it. Not to mention it’s also usually one of the largest parts of your budget too, picking the right wedding caterer is key to planning the reception. Use these questions below as you begin to interview companies to find the right wedding caterer for your special evening.
Photo by Lisa Vorce
- What options do I have for guests with dietary restrictions?
- Can you recommend how much food I will need?
- What does your quoted package include?
- Besides providing the food, what else can I expect you to do? (Set tables, provide linens, etc.)
- What is the staff to guest ratio?
- What is your gratuity policy and how do you tip your staff?
- Do you specialize in certain cuisines?
- Do you have examples of your food presentation and decor at live stations?
- How much do you charge for vendor meals?
- Do you have a license to serve alcohol?
- What is the cost per person based on the style of meal I want?
- Does the per person price include non alcoholic beverages?
- How long does a typical meal service take?
- What will your staff be wearing?
- Do you charge for a tasting?
- What is your preferred form of payment?
- What is your defined policy for break down and clean up? (Very important!)
While these questions are only meant as a guide, don’t be afraid to request something outside of their offered menu. If you want a paella cooked live on the beach, ask for it! If you’re worried about how they’ll keep everything hot at your outdoor venue, express the concern. They are here to help you make your day everything you dreamed of.
Good luck and have fun tasting!